Sunday, December 9, 2007

GOV. HUCKABEE'S FAITH IN AMERICA SPEECH

You might be wondering why I titled this blog post as Gov. Huckabee's faith in America speech. Of course, several days ago Gov. Romney gave a speech at Texas A&M about how his faith informs him. Many expected him to be more specific on how Mormon doctrines influence him and ground him.

Gov. Romney being a Mormon is not the reason why I do not support him. Mormons are as strong, maybe even more when it comes to pro-life, and pro-family values. My concern is his authenticity and his inconsistent and 'timely' shift in beliefs. The concern is that he is not truly pro-life and pro-family in his heart of hearts. Unfortunately, social issues are not the only area that he has been weak on.

I listened to Gov. Romney's speech and I thought it was a great speech. Since I've been following Gov. Huckabee's candidacy so much, the content of Romney's speech was very familiar to me. Gov. Huckabee has been saying the same thing everywhere he goes, he just hasn't gotten much coverage.

Recently Gov. Huckabee said this: "Maybe I ought to give a God speech too, I would have an alter call and an offering at the end". I thought that was hilarious.

Here are some videos that show Gov. Huckabee talking about how his faith defines who he is and how does God come into the picture when it comes to our 'unalienable rights'.

FAITH AND POLITICS




RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES



PASTORS AND PEWS

No comments: